Do you know that you can also listen to Spotify music on PS4 and PS5 game consoles. Just install the Spotify app on your PS4 or PS5 and link to your Spotify account. However, if you play Spotify music while playing the game, Spotify may also take advantage of some bandwidth of the Wi-Fi connection and adversely affect the experience of playing the game on PS4/PS5. Also, with Spotify free pan, ad playback may get in the way. Fortunately, PS4 and PS5 can also play music on a USB flash drive.
If you use TuneKeep Spotify converter, you can convert your favorite Spotify music to MP3 or M4A, copy it to USB flash drive, and then connect it to PS4/PS5 to play the music as BGM when you are playing the games. Let's check the details below.
- Table of contents
- 1. Download the Spotify App on PS4/PS5 and Link Spotify Account
- 2. Steps to Play Music with a USB Flash Drive on PS4/PS5
- 3. TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter: Best Helper to Enjoy Spotify Music on PS4/PS5
- 4. Steps to Convert Spotify Songs to MP3/M4A, Copy to USB Flash Drive and Play on PS4/PS5
Download and link the Spotify app on PS4/PS5
To play Spotify music on PS4 or PS5, you need to download and install the Spotify app and link your Spotify account to your PlayStation Network account. Please refer to the steps below.
Step 1: Go to "PlayStation Store" and search for Spotify to locate and download the app.
Step 2: Select "Sign up" or "Log in" and enter your Spotify account email address and password.
Step 3: Select "Link Accounts" to link your Spotify account to your PlayStation Network account.
Step 1: On the PS5 Media Home screen, Select "All Apps".
Step 2: Select "Spotify" > "Download" to download and install the Spotify app.
Step 3: Select "Sign up" or "Log in" and enter your Spotify account email address and password.
Step 4: Select "Link Accounts" to link your Spotify account to your PlayStation Network account.
After the steps above, you can play Spotify music and play games at the same time.
Steps to Play Music with a USB Flash Drive on PS4/PS5
PS4 and PS5 can play MP3, unprotected AAC (*.m4a) and FLAC format music stored in a USB flash drive. If you can convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC (*.m4a) or FLAC, you can also play Spotify music on PS4/PS5. First, see how to play music with a USB flash drive on PS4/PS5.
Step 1: Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of your computer, and then create a "Music" folder in the USB flash drive.
Step 2: Copy and save MP3, AAC (M4A) or FLAC format music files to the "Music" folder.
Step 3: After saving the music, remove the USB flash drive from your computer.
Step 4: Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port of PS4 or PS5.
Step 5: Select "Library" from the content area, then select "USB Music Player".
Step 6: Select the music you want to play and play it.
Description for the screenshot above
(A) Information on the song playing (B) Elapsed time/total time (C) Operation icons for play, pause, shuffle/repeat, adjust volume, etc.
Please note the following when playing music stored on a USB flash drive on PS4 and PS5.
1. You need to format the USB stick to exFAT format. On Windows computer, right-click the USB stick, click "Format", select exFAT in the "File System" list, and click "Start" to format it to exFAT format. On macOS, please open Finder, then go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility, choose the USB flash drive, click "Erase" button on the top toolbar, then choose exFAT in the Format list and click Erase in the bottom right of the dialog.
2. You need to save the music in the "Music" folder. PS4 or PS5 won't be able to recognize music files in other folders.
3. You can set "USB Music Player" as your default music application. You can highlight "USB Music Player" in the content area, press the OPTIONS button and select "Use for Music Playback from USB".
Playing your favorite songs as background music when you are playing games, there are two kinds of advantages. One is that you can use all your internet bandwidth for your games without streaming music online, and the other is you can avoid any advertisements when playing games. If you can convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A or FLAC, you can also achieve the purpose of playing Spotify music on PS4 or PS5 through USB flash drive. With TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter, you can easily solve this problem.
TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter: Best Helper to Enjoy Spotify Music on PS4/PS5
TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter can convert Spotify songs, playlists and albums to MP3, M4A and FLAC which can be played on PS4 and PS5, regardless of Spotify Free or Spotify Premium. Now, even if you are using Spotify Free, the advertising audio will not interfere with the game. You can concentrate on playing the games.
TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter Wonderful Features
- Support both Spotify Free and Spotify Premium
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, FLAC, etc. that can be played on PS4 and PS5
- Convert Spotify songs, albums and playlists in bulk with only a few clicks
- Automatically skip advertising audio when you are using Spotify Free
- Keep song information such as song title, album, artist and artwork in output file
- Rename output files in bulk by title, album, artist, track number, hyphen, space, etc.
- Organize output files into folders by album, artist, artist/album or album/artist
- Convert your favorite songs without stop playback when using Windows version
- Fully support latest version of Spotify application, Windows and macOS
Steps to Convert Spotify Songs, Copy to USB Flash Drive and Play on PS4/PS5
It's as easy as a breeze to convert Spotify songs, albums and playlists to MP3, M4A or FLAC with TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter. You can refer to the steps below if you want to play your favorite Spotify songs from USB flash drive.
Step 1: Launch Spotify Music Converter
Launch TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter and Spotify will be also launched automatically. Please do not operate or close Spotify until the conversion is complete.
Step 2: Add Spotify Music
You can use either drag & drop or link copy & paste to add Spotify music to TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter.
Drag & drop: You can display both Spotify and TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter on the screen at the same time, and drag and drop your favorite songs, playlists or albums you want to play on PS4/PS5 from Spotify to the software interface.
Link copy & paste: Right click on a song, a playlist or an album on Spotify and go to "Share" menu, then get the link by clicking "Copy Song Link", "Copy Playlist Link" or "Copy Album Link". After that, click the "Add" button in the interface of TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter, paste the copied link into the input box at the bottom left, and click add button to add the songs to conversion list.
Whichever method you add, all the songs in your playlist or album will be added. All songs are checked. If there are songs you don't want to play on PS4/PS5, just uncheck the checkboxes and click the add button.
Step 3: Output Settings
TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter provides MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, etc. as output formats. The audio formats that can be played on PS4 and PS5 are limited to MP3, M4A and FLAC, so you can select MP3, M4A or FLAC. The default output format is 320kbps MP3. If you want to change to M4A or FLAC, you can click Options button and choose your favorite format in "Advanced" tab. In "General" tab you can change the output destination, decide how to rename and organize the output files in bulk.
Step 4: Start Spotify Music Conversion
Now you can simply click "Convert" button to start Spotify music conversion. Click the history button to see a list of output files. Then click the small folder icon of the song to open the output destination and locate the output files.
Step 5: Copy the Output Files to a USB Flash Drive and Play on PS4/PS5
Connect the USB flash drive formatted in the exFAT file system in advance to your computer, create a Music folder, select the output files from the output destination of Spotify Music Converter, and copy the songs to the Music folder of the USB flash drive. After that, if you connect the USB flash drive to PS4 or PS5, you can play the converted Spotify music as BGM while playing the game on PS4 or PS5. You can find detailed instructions above.
In short, there are two ways to play Spotify music on PS4/PS5: download Spotify app and copy the output files to USB flash drive after converting Spotify music. Each method has its own advantages. If you want to play Spotify music on PS4 or PS5 using a USB flash drive, please download and try the free trial version of TuneKeep Spotify Music Converter.